The Picklist Values for new Market Segments (geographic locations) will need to be added to four different Objects in the system: Prospect, Lead Source, Appointment, and Users
For Prospect, Lead Source, and Appointment:
- Setup > App Setup > Create > Objects
- Select Object (Prospect, Lead Source and Appointment)
- Find the ‘Market Segment’ Field
- Add New Values to Picklist and Save (be sure the Values are identical on each Object)
- Repeat for all 3 Objects
- Setup > Customize > Users > Fields
- Select ‘Market Segment’ Custom Field
- Add New Values to Picklist and Save (be sure the Values are identical on every Object)
Turn On Market Segments:
- Go to All Tabs (+).
- Open 'Settings' tab.
- Click the 'Advanced' page.
- Check the "Use Market Segments" box at the top and click 'Save'
DON'T FORGET: Always run 'First Time Setup' after adjusting fields!
Keep in mind, if your company has never used Market Segments before, your existing Prospects, Lead Sources, Appointments and Users will not have any Market Segment specified. You will need to update the existing records in your database with the appropriate Market Segment. If you have a large amount of records in your Database, you may want to mass update the Market Segment field on each Object. This can be accomplished by using the Salesforce Data Loader and unique record IDs.
improveit 360 offers Setup of the Market Segment customization as an Advanced Service with a $500 Setup fee. This Setup includes a one-time update of Prospects, Lead Sources and Appointments to update the Market Segment field on existing records. Please Submit a Request to our Support team if you are interested in purchasing this Advanced Service.