Download the attached PDF document which details both the Custom Tab Settings as well as Custom Object Permission settings for each Out-of-the-Box improveit 360 User Profile.
Your company's System Administrator User can make changes to Profile Settings, or Create new Custom User Profiles specific to the needs of your company, and your Users.
Here is more information about User Profile Settings:
Suggestions for setting up User Profiles
Each company using improveit 360 is unique in many ways, including the tasks their individual employees may need to carry out in the improveit 360 system. However, a common theme of system usership can be found among key functions, such as Sales Reps, Accounting and Foremen. This document provides a list of improveit 360 User and Tab Settings for the most common job functions we’ve seen throughout home improvement companies. Each group of User Settings is called a Profile. You can set your company’s Profiles as indicated in this document or choose to customize the settings, based on your Staff’s specific roles and responsibilities.
Before your company’s Go-Live date, review each user’s Profile settings to ensure your Staff has access to the Objects needed to carry out their day-to-day responsibilities. Schedule time with your improveit 360 Onboarding Specialist to discuss these settings, particularly if you find that your Staff has roles and responsibilities not outlined in this document.
How to Access and Edit User Profiles
Only your improveit 360 System Administrator can make changes to User Profiles. Click the Username in the upper-right corner of the screen, click Setup from resulting dropdown. On new left sidebar, click the (>) arrow next to Manage Users to expand the Manage Users menu. Click on Profiles. Once the Profiles appear on the right, select which Profile you want to edit and click on Edit to the left of the corresponding Profile. By Object, you can then check or uncheck based on that Profile’s access needs.
Understanding Custom Object Permissions
When in Profile edit mode, you will see checkboxes for the following permissions that you can check or uncheck based on your company’s needs:
- Read – User can View records from this Custom Object (example: User can View Appointments)
- Create – User can Create new records from this Custom Object (example: User can Schedule new Appointments)
- Edit – User can Edit records from this Custom Object (example: User can Assign an Appointment to a Sales Rep, or mark an Appointment as Confirmed)
- Delete* – User can Delete records from this Custom Object (example: User can Delete an Appointment) *Note: Delete capabilities only recommended for Mangers or the System Administrator
- View All – User can View All records from this Custom Object (example: If you are hiding Appointments from other Sales Reps but the Scheduler needs to see All Appointments, the Sales Rep Profile should NOT have View All but the Appointment Scheduler’s Profile should have View All)
- Modify All – User can Edit All records from this Custom Object (example: If you have multiple locations and the Appointment Scheduler from one office needs to Confirm Appointments for both locations, the Appointment Scheduler’s Profile should have Modify All privileges)
Understanding Custom Tab Settings
Each Custom Object is available as a Tab, with your improveit 360 System Administrator setting the Tabs that can be accessed on the Toolbar based on Profile. Individual users can edit the order and which Tabs they want to see regularly by accessing their All Tabs (+) page. Keep in mind, any changes made to a Profile’s Tabs affect all Users with that same Profile. For this reason, group Users together based on their role within your company and limit the number of unique User Profiles as much as possible.
Tab Setting terms: A Tab setting of “Default Off” means the Tab is available from the All Tabs (+) page but does not default to the User’s Toolbar. The setting “Default On” means the Tab is visible in the User’s Toolbar as well as on the All Tabs page. The setting of “Tab Hidden” means the User will not see the Tab on the All Tabs page and cannot add the Tab to their Toolbar.