The Attachment Manager is an action across the following objects that allows users to filter and search for documents and images to easily see their thumbnails and data: Prospect, Lead Source, Marketing Opportunity, Appointment, Quote, Sale, Receipt & Adjustment, Project and Project Activity.
This new feature is installed in your system however, it is disabled. Below are instructions to enable the Attachment Manager feature. BEFORE Enabling Attachment Manager, check the User Profiles in use at your organization. Make sure every User's Profile has Enabled Visualforce Page Access for: i360.AttachmentManager AND has the Apex Class Enabled for:
Go to Setup> Manage Users> Profiles
Click on one of your Profiles, then hover over the 'Enable Visualforce Page Access' Related List and click the 'Edit' button
In the Available Visualforce Pages column, locate i360.QuickSale and i360.AttachmentManager and use the Add button to move them to the Enabled Visualforce Pages column.
Next we'll need to enable the Apex Class for the Attachment Manager on each Profile.
From the Profile, then hover over the 'Enable Apex Class Access' Related List and click the 'Edit' button
Highlight All Available Apex Classes and use the Add button to move them to the Enabled Apex Classes column:
When finished, the Apex Class settings on the Profile should look like this:
Accessing the Attachment Manager
1. Navigate to any of the following objects to upload an image or document sample: Lead Source, Marketing Opportunity, Appointment, Quote, Sale, Receipt & Adjustment, Project and Project Activity.
2. In the breadcrumb trail navigate back to the related Prospect record and open the Attachment Manager. You can access the Attachment Manger in two places: buttons across the top of the page or scrolling down next to the related list on the prospect.
3. To test filters, select the object button that you uploaded the image or document and ensure that it is now visible. Now deselect the object button to ensure the image or document is filtered out of the attachment manager.
4. Finally, click on the image that you uploaded and make sure all the data and buttons underneath the image or document perform their respected action.
- Open Related Record in New Tab
- Open Attachment in New Tab
- Download Attachment
5. Lastly, navigate to Setup > Custom Settings > Public System Settings > Manage. Edit the custom settings and scroll down to ‘Enable Attachment Manager’ and uncheck the box.
6. Navigate back to a Prospect and notice the button across the top and the related tab at the bottom are not visible.