The Prospect Timeline is a new accordion style component that orders key objects by specific dates and allows you drill down on data without navigating away from the prospect page.
To Enable this feature, following along with these steps:
Navigate to Setup > Custom Settings > Public System Settings > Manage
Ensure that the ‘Enable Prospect Timeline’ checkbox is True.
Next, we need to give all User Profiles visibility to Tasks and Task Fields.
Navigate to Setup > Customize > Activities > Task Fields
Scroll down and click on the Field labeled "Type":
Click the 'Set Field-Level Security' button:
Be sure the Field is Visible to All User Profiles:
Note: The objects and the key dates determining their order are below.
- Lead Source: Take On
- Marketing Opportunity: Due Date
- Appointment: Appointment Date
- Quote: Created Date
- Quote Item: Created Date
- Sale: Sold On
- Sale Item: Created Date
- Receipt & Adjustment: Received
- Project: Project Start Date, if Project Start date is blank the create date will be used
- Project Activities: if the type is “Appointment” the Start date will display and order the Project Activity, if the Start date is blank the timeline will default to the created date. If the type of Project Activity is a “Task” the Due date will display and order the Project Activity, if the Due date is blank the timeline will default to the created date.
- Project Costs: Created Date
- Purchase Orders: Created Date
- Tasks: Due Date
- Event: Start Date Time
- Note: Created Date
Next, we'll navigate to the Prospect Timeline:
1. Select a Prospect that has an Appointment with a Quote, a Sale with a Receipt & Adjustment and Project with a Project Cost and Project Activity. You may need to create some of these records if the prospect and related data does not exist.
2. Navigate back to the prospect page and scroll down to the related tabs section. Open the Prospect Timeline Tab and ensure that all the objects in the previous step are in the timeline and ordered according to their key date in step (a). Expand the Parent Objects (Appointment, Sale and Project) to see the children objects.
For Troubleshooting a Prospect Timeline Error, See also: Prospect Timeline SOQL Error Resolution and keep in mind, you may need to set Field Level Security for more Fields on the Task Object.