Where can this setting be used?
In the Settings Tab click on the 'Email' section.
- Organization-Wide Email Address [make them look like they came from...] - this is the default email address that all of the emails sent from your system will look like they came from.
- By default this is set to 'The sender [default]' meaning that all emails will come from the User's email address that sent the email.
- If you would like all of the emails in your system to come from one specific address such as a 'email@example.com', click on your name in the upper right hand corner and click on 'Setup'.
- Type 'Organization' in the quick search and click on the 'Organization-Wide Addresses'.
- Click 'Add'.
- Fill in the:
- Display Name - the name you would like to display when your Prospects receive your emails, most commonly your Company's name.
- Email Address - the email address you would like all of your emails in the system to come from. This must be a real email address as you will have to verify the change via email.
- Click the 'Allow All Profiles to Use this From Address' and click Save.
- You will see the new email address in the Organization-Wide Email Addresses list view, notice the status reads 'Verification Request Sent 10/16/2015'. Whenever you create a new Org-Wide Email Address a verification email WILL be sent to the address and it MUST be verified or errors will occur when sending emails.
- Once the new Org-Wide Email Address has been verified you can then go back to the 'Settings' Tab and select the new email address and click 'Save':