Market Segments are a way to organize your Prospects and Users by the geographical area they fall in.
Let’s say you serve the Ohio area and perform work in Columbus, Cincinnati and Cleveland. When entering in a new Prospect from Cleveland into you improveit 360 system, you mark the Prospect in the Cleveland 'Market Segment'. When scheduling this Prospect for an Appointment, only your reps in the Cleveland 'Market Segment' will be available to run the Appointment. When looking at your Staff Calendar, you will be able to choose to only view the Appointments for specific 'Market Segments' so you can easily get an idea of each Market Segments schedule for the day, week or month. When pulling your monthly or weekly Sales Report, you can easily group the report by the 'Market Segment', giving you the visibility into which of your markets is most profitable
Enabling Market Segment Functionality
The Picklist Values for new Market Segments (geographic locations) will need to be added to four different Objects in the system: Prospect, Lead Source, Appointment, and Users
For Prospect, Lead Source, and Appointment:
- Setup > App Setup > Create > Objects
- Select Object (Prospect, Lead Source and Appointment)
- Find the ‘Market Segment’ Field
- Add New Values to Picklist and Save (be sure the Values are identical on each Object)
- Repeat for all 3 Objects
- Setup > Customize > Users > Fields
- Select ‘Market Segment’ Custom Field
- Add New Values to Picklist and Save (be sure the Values are identical on every Object)
Turn On Market Segments:
- Go to All Tabs (+).
- Open 'Settings' tab.
- Click the 'Advanced' page.
- Check the "Use Market Segments" box at the top and click 'Save'
DON'T FORGET: Always run 'First Time Setup' after adjusting fields!
Keep in mind, if your company has never used Market Segments before, your existing Prospects, Lead Sources, Appointments and Users will not have any Market Segment specified. You will need to update the existing records in your database with the appropriate Market Segment. If you have a large amount of records in your Database, you may want to mass update the Market Segment field on each Object. This can be accomplished by using the Salesforce Data Loader and unique record IDs.
improveit 360 offers Setup of the Market Segment customization as an Advanced Service with a $500 Setup fee. This Setup includes a one-time update of Prospects, Lead Sources and Appointments to update the Market Segment field on existing records. Please Submit a Request to our Support team if you are interested in purchasing this Advanced Service.
Using Market Segments
- Assigning a new Prospect a Market Segment
- When adding a new Prospect into your system, click the 'Market Segment' dropdown and select the 'Market Segment' the Prospect falls under.
- When scheduling the Prospect for an Appointment, their Market Segment automatically is pulled to the Appointment page.
- Once the Appointment is scheduled, you can filter the 'Staff Calendar' to only view Appointments in any Market Segment.
- The Market Segment will carry through to the Prospect's Sale and Project allowing you to filter any Sales or Production report by Market Segment.