Note: There must be a relationship between the related list object, and the object you want to add the related list to, either via a Lookup Relationship or Master-detail Relationship.
Example A: Add the 'Inbound Texts' related list and the "eLeads" related list to the Prospect object.
Step 1. Add the related list to the object page layout.
- Navigate to Setup > App Setup > Objects > Prospect
- Scroll down to the Page Layout section, and click 'Edit' next to the layout in use (you can view which Page Layouts are in use by your company by clicking 'Page Layout Assignment')
- In the 'building bar' at the top of the screen, click on 'Related Lists' from the left. The page will automatically scroll down to the Related List section.
- Select the Related List you want to add from the bank of available objects on the right. Drag and Drop it to the section below.
- Once placed, click on the wrench icon to view the available fields to add as columns, or adjust available buttons.
- Click Ok, then Save the page layout when done.
- Run First Time Setup.
Step 2. Add the Related List to the Custom i360 Object in Custom Settings
This step is only needed for Custom i360 Objects.
- Navigate to Setup > App Setup > Develop > Custom Settings > Related List Settings
- Click Manage > Click 'Prospect' > Click Edit (Note: If you have No Related List Settings in your system, you will need to create one)
- In an open List section, add in the Child Relationship name for the Related List object with '__r' on the end.
- In the example below we are adding the Inbound Text object Related List (Inbound_Texts__r) to the Prospect page layout (i360__Prospect__c)
- We might also want to add the eLead object Related List (eLeads__r) to the Prospect page layout. You would do this by adding the eLead object API to the List 1 setting.
- This can be found by navigating to the Related List object in Setup > Objects (in this example, Prospect Inbound Texts), and clicking on the relationship field (either lookup field or master-details field) for the parent object (in this example, Prospect):
- Click Save
Navigate to a Prospect record, scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page and you should see the 2 new Related Lists: