There are multiple ways to reset a user's password. End Users can Reset their own Password by following these first two methods:
1. The easiest way to reset a user's password is to navigate to the login.salesforce.com page, enter the username, and click the "Forgot your Password?" link. This will send an email to the email address associated with the user. In most cases, this email address will be the same as the username, but not always. If you receive the email, follow the steps contained to reset your password. If you don't receive it, try a different way of resetting the user's password. See also: Forgot Password link not working?
2. The second method to reset your password requires that YOU ARE SIGNED IN. If you're locked out, and do not know what email address your password reset email is going to, ask your company's System Administrator user for assistance resetting your password.
To use the Signed In method, you'll need to go to your Personal Setup menu.
Click on your Username in the upper-right corner of the screen, then click on Setup. Under the Personal Setup section, expand the My Personal Information section and click on Change My Password. Enter your current password, then a new password and new security question. Click 'Save' and you're done!
3. (ADMIN ONLY) Click on your Username in the upper-right corner of the screen, then click on Setup. Type "Users" in the Quick Find. You should see 'Administration Setup', click on the 'Users' within the 'Manage Users' menu.
Choose the View: All Active Users. From the list, locate the user, select the checkbox beside their name, and click the 'Reset Password(s)' button to reset the password for the selected User(s). You can Reset more than one password at a time by checking multiple checkboxes.
This method triggers an email to be sent to the user's email address. The User must then open the email and follow the reset steps to create their new password.
You can also use the reset password button from the users detail page to trigger the Password Reset Email to be sent to the User's Email address.
4. System Admin Manually Sets the New Password. If the User is unable to reset their password because they are not receiving the email, check first that the User's Email address is correct on the User Detail page. If the email is correct but the User is not getting the email (check Spam and Junk folders). As a last option, the System Administrator User can manually Set the User's Password for them. Once a Password Reset has been triggered, the Admin can Login as the User and Set their Password.
From the Active Users List, click Login next to the User's name.
Go to their Setup menu. Under the Personal Setup section, expand the My Personal Information section and click on Change My Password. Enter the new password. Click 'Save' and you're done! Provide the new Password to your User.
5. (SUPPORT ONLY) Use the Developer Console. If all other methods fail and the System Administrator is unable to reset a user's password, contact Support. We will try these basic methods again, but if we are unable to reset the password normally, our Support Staff can force a password reset. Please open a Ticket and provide us with the Username and the desired password and improveit 360's Support staff can help!