This Article covers best practices around managing eLeads and marketing Sources within improveit 360. Following these best practices assures Data Integrity for Reporting purposes and a consistent lead funnel for your team to work.
See also: eLead Integration & Matching Details
Unconverted List View
The Marketing Dept at each company using eLeads should be checking the List View on the eLead object labeled: “Unconverted” on a regular basis. Determine the cadence that makes the most sense for your business (daily is recommended by improveit 360).
Navigate to the eLeads Tab and choose the "Unconverted" List View:
eLead Conversion Issues
If an eLead cannot be Converted to a Prospect, the Conversion Issue checkbox will be checked, indicating a manual action is needed to either convert the eLead to a new Prospect, or attach the eLead information to an existing Prospect, creating a new Lead Source and Marketing Opportunity.
NOTE: If the system detects a partial match to an existing Prospect record, the eLead will not be automatically converted. The system requires human interaction to determine if a New Prospect should be created, or if the new eLead should be attached to an existing Prospect.
1. Click the 'Convert' button at the top of the page to manually convert the eLead into a Prospect.
2. The System will run the eLead information through the Search and Create tool to show you the duplicate or missing information that prevented that eLead from being converted.
3. In the example above the eLead entered a phone number, that matches another Prospect. If the eLead is a different household than the Prospect, click ‘Create New’ and select ‘Prospect.’ The system will populate the eLead’s contact information and interests, then click ‘Save’.
4. If the eLead information is a duplicate of a Prospect already in the database, click the ‘Use’ button and a new Lead Source record and Marketing Opportunity record will be added to the existing Prospect. NOTE: The Lead Source record will indicate that you received the Prospect’s information again, but this time from a different marketing Source.
Automatic Conversion Issue
If an eLead is received with no numerals in the Street Address field. The system will automatically Flag it as a Conversion Issue. The eLead can still be manually converted to a Prospect. The reason this eLead cannot be automatically converted is that a full Street Address is required to schedule an Appointment.
Troubleshooting: Duplicate Sources - Check for Inactive Source Owners
When a marketing User leaves your company, make sure they have not created Sources which are still Active. Sources created by an Inactive User can create duplication of Sources when eLeads are created.
If the User who originally created a Source is no longer an Active User, this can cause Source duplication when the lead provider continues sending eLeads into the system with a Source that is "owned" by an Inactive User.
These next steps we will show you how to easily identify if the Owner of the Source record is Active or Inactive and we'll show you how to change the Page Layout on the Source object. Changing the Page Layout allows you to expose the Owner "Change" feature and quickly change the Source's Owner to an Active User.
First you'll need to create a Formula field on the Source.
Navigate to Setup > Create > Objects > Source
Under Custom Fields and Relationships click the New button
Choose a Data Type of Formula
Choose a Return Type of Checkbox and Name the Field "Owner Active"
In the Formula Builder, click Insert Field
Choose Source > Owner (User) > Active
then click Insert
Your Formula should look like this:
While on the Source object, you'll want to change the View Button.
From the Source Object, hover over the Buttons, Links and Actions related list,
then click Edit next to the View button label:
Set the Salesforce Classic Override setting to: Standard page, then click Save.
Now, you'll need to add the Owner Field to the Page Layout.
On the Source object, hover over Page Layouts and choose Edit on the Source 14 Page Layout (keep in mind different Users may see different Page Layouts based on User Profile. You can check which Page Layouts are in use by clicking on Page Layout Assignment):
On the Page Layout drag the Owner Field in the System Information section, then click Save:
Next you'll navigate to the Sources Tab to add the new "Owner Active" checkbox Field into a List View:
Go to the All Tabs page (+), then go to the Sources Tab
Choose the Active Sources list view, then click Edit:
Step 3: locate the Owner Active checkbox and move it to the Selected Fields column, and Save.
In this example, our former Marketing Manager, Martha had created several Sources during her employment with our company:
Because Martha is no longer with our company and therefore her User has been Deactivated, these Sources will need to be assigned to a different Owner, more specifically, they need to be assigned to a User that is Active.
Click on the Source Name that has an Inactive Owner
In the System Information section, click the "Change" function next to the current Owner's name:
Use the Magnifying glass icon to select an Active User to be the Owner of this Source.
Tip: Choose someone in your organization who is likely to never leave, like the business Owner.
This change assures that when new eLeads come from this Source, we do not run the risk of duplicating the original Source.
Troubleshooting: Assure eLead User does NOT have the ability to Create Sources
In this section we will review the most common issues around an eLead integration with HomeAdvisor, and how to resolve each issue.
1. Each time a new eLead comes in, a duplicate HomeAdvisor ‘Marketing’ Source is created.
- This issue is caused when the eLead User (sometimes called the “Public Site Guest User” or “HomeAdvisor Site Guest User”) does not have the correct Custom Object Permissions.
- Go to the Sources Tab and identify the User who is creating the duplicate Sources. Go to Setup à Manage Users à Users à and locate the User causing the duplicate Sources.
- Click on the User’s Profile (sometimes called “HomeAdvisor Profile” or “eLead Connection Profile”). Then click Edit.
- Under Custom Object Permissions, be sure the Profile does NOT have the ability to Create new Marketing Sources (uncheck the “Create” checkbox for Sources).
2. The Source Name or Source Type are not formatted the way our company would like.
- This issue is common! HomeAdvisor dictates how their Name and Source Type are pushed into improveit 360. Most often the Name is: “HomeAdvisor” and the Source Type is: “Lead Provider” however, HomeAdvisor can customize the naming conventions of both the Type and the Source Name. Some clients would like the Source to be categorized under the Type “Pay per Lead” or “”
- Reach out to your HomeAdvisor representative and let them know you would like to customize the eLead integration, particularly the marketing “Type” designation.
See also: eLead Integration & Matching Details