eLead or Lead Provider Defaulting for Source and Source Type
Lead Provider is a generic Source Type that is included by i360 when NO Source Type is specified in the data sent to i360 that creates the eLead.
To change, you'll need to contact your lead providers and make sure they are mapping to this field in the data they send with the Source Type you would like.
Manufacturer: Default Source Type Field Value
Occasionally, if a lead provider is submitting eLeads with a Source but NO Source Type, the Source Type will be populated with 'Manufacturer'. This can interfere with the conversion of your eLeads, as it may show up as an incorrect Source Type paired with your correct Source.
This is a managed field, and cannot be changed, but as a workaround, a workflow can be created to remove this value at the time an eLead is created.
Suggested Workflow Details:
- Name: Remove Manufacturer Default Source Type on eLead
- Object: eLead
- Description: Source Type has a default value of 'Manufacturer' that fills in when a provider sends an eLead without one defined - this workflow empties this value.
- Rule Criteria: eLead: Source Type EQUALS Manufacturer
- Evaluation Criteria: Evaluate the rule when a record is created
Create One Immediate Action:
- Type: Field Update
- Name: Update Source Type
- Description: Update Source Type to blank
- Field to Update: Source Type
- Text Options: A blank value (null)
eLead Conversion Source Matching: More Information
Note: improveit 360 looks for the matching Source 'eLead' in your Settings > Sources Tab FIRST when creating a new eLead/Lead Source, then the earliest alphabetically occurring Source Type. This may be a concern if you have multiple Sources named 'eLead', as the earliest alphabetically sorted Source Type will be used before 'Lead Provider'.
For example, if you have the following Sources/Source Types:
- Source: eLead / Source Type: ABC Provider
- Source: eLead / Source Type: Lead Provider
- Source: eLead / Source Type: Website
The system will apply 'eLead - ABC Provider' to all automatically created Lead Sources created via eLead conversion if they have 'eLead' selected as the Source, regardless of the Source Type defined.
We recommend having ONLY one 'eLead' Source in your system to ensure accurate Lead Sources.