In many instances, a single Product may require multiple component Products to complete an installation. For example, when selling Windows, we know that Hangers will always be required to complete the order.
When creating Products within improveit 360, you can mark a Product as a component and attribute it to another Product. Once this component relationship is established, this system will automatically create Sale Items for the component Products once the parent Product is selected on a Sale.
In our Window example, once the Window Product is selected as a Sale Item on a Sale, the system will create a separate Sale Item for the Hanger Product once the Sale is saved.
Activating Product to Product Relationships
- Login as the Administrator and click on 'Setup' in the upper right hand corner. Scroll down and click on 'Develop' and 'Custom Settings'.
- Scroll down and click 'Manage' next to 'Public System Settings'
- Click 'Edit' at the top of the page, then scroll down and check next to 'Enable Product to Product Relationship'. Click Save.
Creating Component Products
- Click on the Products tab
- Click 'New Product'
- Fill in all of the Products information such as the Name and Product Category. Click the checkbox next to 'Is Product Component?'. Once checked, the Configuration Options will no longer be able to be accessed. Click 'Save':
Assigning a Component Product to a Product
- Once Component Products are created, they can be assigned to another Product's configuration options. This relationship allows a Product's configuration option to create Quote or Sale Line Items. Click 'edit' on an existing Product or create a new Product:
- In this example, we will create a configuration option called 'Grids' and assign our new component product to it. Create a Configuration option called 'Grids' and select the 'Type' of 'List of Options'. Click '+ Add List Option':
- Add the 'Value' of 'Colonial' and click the magnifying glass in the 'Product' section:
- Search for the 'Grids' Product we defined as a 'Component Product' earlier in the example and click 'OK':
- The 'Grid' configuration option value of 'Colonial' is now associated with the 'Grids' Product:
- Click the arrow icon to open the component Product in a new tab:
- Click 'Save' at the top of the page:
- Now that the Product has been saved, let's test out the new Product and Component Product by creating a new Quote. Navigate to an Appointment and click 'New Quote':
- Click 'Add Item':
- Search for the Product we created earlier in the example and select it:
- Click the configuration 'Gear' icon to access the Product's configuration options:
- Select the 'Grid' option of 'Colonial' and click 'OK':
- Click 'Save':
- Notice that the Quote has an additional line item for the 'Grids' component product: