After a Campaign is built, you can change the filter criteria at any point to change how the Campaign pulls in Marketing Opportunities. Changing the filter criteria in a Campaign should only be done to reflect small changes and not a complete reworking of all of the filter criteria.
If your goal is to completely change all of the filters in an existing Campaign, you should create a new Campaign instead of changing the filter criteria of an existing Campaign.
Why would I need to change the filter criteria of an existing Campaign?
After your Telemarketers have used the Call Queue for a time, you may want to open up the date range of a specific Campaign to pull in more Marketing Opportunities because your Telemarketers are working through the list.
Most commonly, you may need to add a new filter to an existing Campaign to exclude specific Marketing Opportunities you would like pulled into a different Campaign.
Add Campaign Filters
- From the Campaigns Tab, click on the Campaign you would like to change:
- Click 'Edit':
- Scroll down to the 'Campaign Criteria' section and click 'Add Criterion':
- When the new filter criteria line appears, set the filter accordingly. The example below is a filter to exclude any Marketing Opportunity associated with a Lead Source with a Source Name of 'PPC Campaign':
- Repeat this process for any new filter criteria you want to add to the Campaign.
Delete Campaign Filters
- Locate the Campaign and click 'Edit':
- Scroll down to the 'Campaign Criteria' section and click the 'x' next to the filter criteria you would like to delete:
- The criteria section will display a 'Working' status and the filter criteria will be deleted:
When will these changes take effect?
Any changes made to filter criteria on a Campaign will take effect differently depending on the 'Update Method' used on the Campaign.
- Manual Campaigns - once a filter is changed on a Campaign with a 'Manual Update Method', you must click the 'Update' button on the Campaign for the changes to take effect. Once the 'Update' button is clicked a process will run to remove any Marketing Opportunity that has not been touched that no longer meets the criteria of the Campaign. Any pending Re-Calls within the Campaign will remain until they are completed.
- Continuous Campaigns - once a filter is changed on a Campaign with a 'Continuous Update Method', the changes will take effect immediately. NOTE: Any pending Re-Calls within the Campaign will remain in the Campaign (even if they do not meet the newly updated Criteria) until the Re-Call has been completed.