improveit 360’s Summer 2020 Release focuses on new feature functionality that leverages Salesforce’s lightning web component technology, an interactive Zendesk Support Bot built into the user interface and many smaller enhancements and bug fixes. Watch this short video to learn more:
These new features are installed in your system however, they are disabled. Before Enabling these new features, be sure to review the Articles below.
The following four (4) Articles cover each new Product Enhancement and how to Enable/Disable them within your improveit 360 system.
See: Summer '20 Lightning Quick Sale feature
See: Summer '20 Attachment Manager feature
See: Summer '20 Prospect Timeline
See: Summer '20 Support Bot powered by Zendesk
In addition, we've added a variety of enhancements to the existing features of improveit 360. Below are the details on each new Feature Enhancement.
- Quote Description Updated from Quote Template Description
1. Improveit 360 has enhanced the selection of a quote template so the description is copied into the quote description after selecting a template.
2. Start by creating or ensuring a quote template exists that has a description.
3. Navigate to an appointment and click “New Quote”.
4. Select the Quote Template from step (b) to test the Quote Template Description is copied into the Quote Description field.
- Time Block Start Time Now Updates Appointment Time to Match
improveit 360 customers now have the option of having the Time Block Start Time automatically fill in the Appointment Time.
1. Navigate to Setup > Custom Settings > Public System Settings > Manage.
2. After Editing the Public System Settings ensure the ‘Time Block Update Appointment Time’ setting is True.
3. While Scheduling an appointment you’ll notice after selecting a Time Block that the start time of the time block will update the time of the appointment.
- Project Activity and Event Custom Setting
During the scheduling process of Project Activities customer can now turn on/off the Conflict pop-up that shows when another project activity or event conflicts with the one being scheduled.
Note: this setting is currently global for all users and profiles in this release. improveit 360’s next release will enhance this setting to respect user and profile specific settings.
To ensure the setting is enabled Navigate to Setup > Custom Settings > Public System Settings > Manage > Edit the Public System Settings. Ensure that ‘Show Event Conflicts’ and ‘Show Project Activity Conflicts’ checkboxes are true.
First, we’ll need an already existing project activity and event assigned to a staff member and when scheduling a second project activity you will select to assign to the same staff member for the same date and time.
- You will notice the conflicting project activity and event will be displayed in an alert message next to the project activity you are scheduling.
- Next, navigate back to the Public System Setting from step (b) and turn the ‘Show Event Conflicts’ and ‘Show Project Activity Conflicts’ checkboxes to False.
- Follow step (c) again for scheduling a project activity to a staff member that has a conflicting project activity and event. Now you will not see the alert message!
- New User Welcome Email Rebranded
Note: each email provider interprets images and links differently so depending on your provider you may only be able to test certain parts of this email template.
1. The ‘New User Email Template’ has been rebranded to have the most updated improveit 360 logo and embedded training video.
2. Navigate to Setup > My Templates > Folder = Template-Users > select the ‘New User Email Template’
3. Click ‘Send Test and Verify Merge Fields’ and send to your email. Ensure that the image and link are updated.
4. Notice the New images and link to training video!
- Product Grid Sliding Column/Row Header
The Production Grid tab now has scrolling Column and Row headers so that users can have many projects vertically and many non-templated project activities horizontally and still see the projects across the left and the project activity names across the top.
You may need to create a project template and a few projects using that specific template to test this. Once you have enough data prepared navigate to the Production Grid Tab in the ‘+’.
- Start scrolling either down or left and notice the project scroll right and the project activity names scroll down with you.
- Permission Set Automatically Assigned
Detail: All users assigned to the Salesforce User Licenses were automatically being assigned the Administrator Permission Set. A new custom setting checkbox, customers can now bypass this automation, thus defining their own administrator licenses.
1. Navigate to setup > custom settings > public system settings > manage.
2. Ensure that the public system setting labeled ‘Automate Permission Set Assignment’ is unchecked.
3. While still in setup, navigate to ‘Users’ and find a user assigned to a ‘Salesforce’ user license.
4. Scroll part way down the user page and Edit Assignments. Remove the Administrator Permission set.
5. Click and Run First Time Setup while keeping this user open in a new tab. Following the completion of First Time Setup, navigate back to the user in which the Administrator Permission Set was first removed and notice the Administrator Permission Set was not automatically assigned.
- Project Activity Drag and Drop Times Maintained
- The Staff Calendar when in the ‘day by staff’ view and dragging and dropping a project activity to another staff member would revert to default 12:00 AM – 12:00 AM.
- Find a project activity on the staff calendar and drag it to another member and notice the start and end times are maintained through the rescheduling.