Admins who are looking for a list of items to evaluate for system best practices can follow along with the checklist below.
- Check that all eLead site Guest Users have the 4 Sharing Rules setup as described in this Article: Setup Web-to-eLead Endpoint URL
- Check that the Owner of your Sources is Active. If you cannot see this data now, follow the instructions in is Article: eLeads Troubleshooting
- Check for Duplicate Sources and Merge any Duplicates, see also: Merge Sources and if your company has a large number of Leads attributed to both sources you may need to Transfer all Lead Sources & Source Costs using the Data Loader.
- Check for eLead records without a Prospect or Lead Source linked (orphaned when Merging Prospects) and Delete the orphaned eLead records following the instructions in this Article: eLeads Troubleshooting.
- Be sure you are entering Source Cost records in order to take advantage of Lead Source Performance and Source Cost Reporting.
- Does your company Result 100% of the Appointments set? Resulting every Appointment is crucial to the Closed Loop Marketing Process and your company's Report metrics.
- Do not use Unsupported Result Values and here is why: Result and Result Details
- Resulting the Appointment as Canceled is recommended. Moving the Date of an Appointment will not allow you to Report on your accurate Cancelation %. Using an Appointment History Report Type you can see who is moving the Appointment Date rather than following the proper Cancelation procedure.
- Using a Custom Appointment Type value? Be sure you know which Processes and system triggers rely on using the correct Appointment Type and check your Report data to be sure your staff is adhering to correct data entry. Example: Annual Maintenance and Service Opportunity have triggers within the Supportworks package.
- Marking Sales Paid in Full when the Balance Due is greater than $0. If your company is not tracking Receipts and Adjustments in improveit 360, perhaps consider using the Payment Processing Integration (no cost setup).
- Make sure all Sales have a Final On Date after the Projects are completed. This ensures that Prospects will come back around in the Closed Loop Marketing Process and that any Commissions will be re-calculated in case of a claw-back.
Products & Materials (optional)
- Is your company using a Products database in improveit 360? Do you track related Materials for each Product sold? Be sure the Templated Product has Materials and that those Material records have the correct Cost and Quantity.
Projects & Project Costs
- Use of Project Templates is recommended in order to take advantage of the Production Grid. The Production Grid can only display Projects with a Template applied.
- Always enter the Project Start Date and Project Completed Date. These two fields are most commonly used in Project reports so be sure your staff is filling in these fields.
- (Products & Materials and Supportworks packages) Be sure your Staff is entering the Installed Quantity of each Material, in order to populate a Project Cost on the Project.
- (Supportworks package only) Be sure you are Approving any Time Records in order to populate the Labor Project Cost.
- (Products & Materials and Supportworks packages) Be sure your Staff is Assigning Sale Items to Projects to ensure the appropriate Project Price and Material Cost is calculated.
Reports & Dashboards
- Are you currently reporting on Lead conversion and Return on Investment? Check out these out-of-the-box Reports for more: improveit 360 Standard Reports & Dashboards
- Archive old Reports that no one is using. Use this Article: Auditing Reports by User Who Ran It Last and Filter your Report on the Last Run date. Then move Reports into an "Unused" Folder and Delete them when you're confident no one is using them.
- Check your Report and Dashboard Folder Sharing to ensure you do not expose data to Users who should not have access to see it. Keep your sensitive information private by only sharing certain Report and Dashboard Folders with your Users.
Staff & Users
- Check for duplicate Staff and Merge Staff members to avoid confusion.
- When deactivating Users, check for Reports and Dashboards Run by that User, or Workflows where that User may be the Default Workflow User and change the User.
Campaigns & Campaign Members (optional)
- Review your Campaign Re-Calls and Adjust Campaign Re-Call Settings to ensure you are getting to the freshest leads and calling through all the Re-calls that are scheduled each day. This recorded webinar has more: Call Center Troubleshooting and Campaign Evaluation
- Check for orphaned Campaign Members caused from Merging Prospect records. Delete any orphaned records to prevent errors in the Call Queue.